Thursday, December 13, 2007

I should Have Taken A Water Taxi


Boston got slammed today
(this picture is after the plow)
I was supposed to have an interview at Zoomoozik, an online record label, but it got canceled because of the oncoming blizzard. Unfortunately for me they only told me an hour or so before the interview and hence I didn't leave from Somerville (my cousin's) to go to Roslindale (my brother who lives closer to an interview tomorrow) until 2:00 pm when the snow started coming down at about 2 inches an hour. What proceeded was probably one of the most unenjoyable, messy, and crazy traffic jams I have ever witnessed. Don't get me wrong, I've been in some bad traffic before, such as an 8 hour wait for a Phish festival (IT), but that at least was justifiable. People here are bad drivers and without people directing traffic, the normal timing on the traffic lights became useless. At the Mass av./Melnia Caste intersection there were about 30 cars, many facing in unexplained directions, completely jammed in the middle of the intersection. 40 Minute waits at intersections like this turned a normal 40 minute scoot from one end of Boston to the other in to a 6 hour plus affair! At least in Minneapolis/St. Paul they recognize that they are gonna get hit and they deal with it much better. Maybe I can win the longest drive with least amount of gas award (1/8th a tank of gas used...I have an 11 gallon tank).

No comments: