Sunday, February 10, 2008

Feeling Young Again


I've just started my new job at Equal Exchange, 45 minutes south of Boston. This is how I've felt most of the time (see above -clueless, inexperienced, and ridiculous). When the secretary at EE first saw me she said: "Who's the new 10 year-old?"
I'm trying not to be too self-conscience of my appearance or reveal to the 40/50 + year olds working next to me that I am 22 (and yes, probably look younger). But I guess this is normal in a lot of work places.

It's just weird that at the end of college you feel sort of grown up and matured and then you enter the real world and you are the youngest again; like being a freshman in high school but worse. To add to that, my house mates are 32, 30, 28, and 26, which isn't really a big deal, except that they ask to see my I.D. when I drink a beer.

So other than that, the move has been pretty smooth so far. My new house is good, the roommates are cool, and the job seems pleasant - more on this to come as well as some pictures hopefully of my new place.

2 comments:

Talking Head said...

I feel your pain, Wreck. Hang in there, it will be great when we're 40.

Spencetron said...

Wreck, you all always be ridiculous, but don't let it get you down. And talking head: showing your ID would never prove you were legal to drink. At least Wreck is brave enough to show his prepubescence to the world