Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Turning 24


My birthday was yesterday and I turned 24 - yeh me, happy birthday. Actually I really don't like Birthdays because they are so much more fun when you are a kid and you get to actually enjoy them - as pirates or mini-golfers or whatever, and you have friends. At 24 most of your childhood friends are gone and you are a loner along with your few close friends - or maybe I am just talking about myself. But I'm actually feeling like an adult now, which is weird, because it does happen so fast and 24 sounded so old to me when I was in college. I suppose when I'm 28 I'll say the same thing and maybe some day I'll just accept it.
I ended up spending my Birthday with my brother Adam which was nice. My (now) 4 year old neice Esther asked me why I had gotten kicked out of my old house. This was probably the highlight of the night as it was completely unprovoked and I have no idea how she knew that (I was't really kicked it, ok well, sort of, but that's another story) and it caused an uproar. But she really does remember everything. She's going to be a genious.
Anyways, now I am older, still can't grow a beard, and don't look that much different than I did 10 years ago. I'm not sure if this a good or bad thing yet.

No comments: