Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend fun

Many of you (and by many I mean probably no one) might wonder what I do with myself in Boston on the weekends. I can't say this was the best weekend I've had in awhile, but here goes a few highlights:

Friday
I get home from work to entertain a visitor from a non-profit soliciting me to get involved with anti-bottled water campaign. This same group sent someone to my house on a similar occasion a few months ago with similar results. For the second time in a row, they send a beautiful young woman around my age who does an amazing job at acting (or maybe not acting) genuinely interested in my life, my work, and being as friendly and nice as possible. How could I say no? After already becoming a monthly donor this new one fished a one time donation out of me - this is exactly why 90% of their office is probably young hot females.
I then went to a Harvard law party (I have a friend there) - unfortunately the lights were very bright, the punch was warm, and the music was awful. Since I wasn't in anyone's "section" I felt a little out of place. You gotta be open to new ideas and you never what experiences life will throw at you - this time not a whole lot but who knows if I went to 10 Harvard law party's what could happen?
Saturday
Went to a few party's and after figuring out it wouldn't be smart to drive home I drank some more -It always takes one of these moments to later remember why you shouldn't do this. Just a word of advice here - I would advise against taking a shot of flaming Sambuca (and doing the sniffer)-I hate licorice and when drinking beer all night it just doesn't seem to fit. Anyways, this is probably what made me sick and it's been awhile since I really felt it so bad. It probably didn't help that I was the only one in the house without a bed or couch and slept in a half curl in a chair.
Sunday
Not much to report except my pancakes debacle in the morning (I was in so state to be cooking in all fairness):
1 cup of pancake mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup vegetable oil
Wait a second, did I just say 1 cup vegetable oil? I meant 1 TBSP - too late. I ate 2 crispy pancakes oozing with oil that almost made me run to the bathroom again mid-way through the 2nd pancake.
I proceeded to spend the next 3 hours curled up in the fetal position in my bed having a hard time deciding whether my it was my head pounding or my stomach clenching harder.
According to my brother, 1 cup of vegetable oil is more than you normally consume in a week - it's like eating a full stick of butter or something.
I eventually forced myself out of bed at around 3 because it was so beautiful outside and generally I think being in bed doesn't actually make you feel better. They weren't my best 9 wholes of golf but I got through them.

You can't say I don't live an adventerous life

No comments: