Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quarter Life Crisis - It's not time to panic...yet

Today I turn 25. This seems like a monumental achievement in some ways. On the other hand, I about the same age as NBA legend Lebron James and Mozart had been composing incredible symphonies for his last 20 years at this point in his life. But I'm not Mozart and I'm not Lebron James, or am I? No I suppose I'm not, so I don't need to panic. But birthday's are strange things. I really don't want people to know because as soon as they find out they start telling other people and those are probably people you don't care about and then you just have a bunch of people wishing you something and making you feel like most of the people you know are not really people you will know in 5 or 10 years and you have very few close friends. I feel ok writing it here on this blog since no one really reads it, except perhaps a few close friends. It is fitting that my friend Sean, who's blog I also read avidly, wrote to me to a few days ago:
"You know what scares me even more, rationalizing this irrational existence." (in reference to finding a job, what to do with his life, and playing the game of sending your resume in, trying to look impressive, etc.) - see http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.eyeweekly.com/article/55882&h=19117 for a great piece on quarterlife crisies

Ok sorry for the depressing note there, 25 years, big thing, big news, go me

-here's to the next 25!

No comments: