Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Missed my Virtual Tee-Time

Any one who knows me knows that I am not so great at being on time. Being in a van pool at work will make me more punctual like being a tennis captain did but I have some work to do. Yesterday, I went to play golf at an indoor facility that had HD virtual golf screens. Yeah, I know, it's pathetic; I'm addicted to golf and needed my fix. But anyways, my friend Joey told me we needed to be on time for our 4:00 tee-time since they were booked all day (and apparently almost every day). I mistakenly played tennis with my dad from 2:30-3:30 thinking I had enough time. And I would have except that I refused to leave at 3:30 with the match still going on (I needed to put my dad away). So much to my friend's dismay we showed up 10 minutes late to Gonzos (the golf place). We proceeded to walk in anyways with our full set of golf clubs.

You wouldn't think virtual golf clubs would be like the real ones but apparently since we had booked an hour and we were late we would have to pay for the full hour. We asked if we could just play and pay for half an hour since that was a normal option there but they said, "No. You booked a full hour. We have a tight schedule and don't want any gaps." Considering it was going to take 10 minutes to set the thing up and they were charging other people extra who were still playing on "our" course, we decided to leave as my friend said: "and now you have a gap in your schedule." End of the story: half hour drive for nothing and my tardiness making some one angry once again. At least I won the tennis match.

1 comment:

Spencetron said...

I think that you were late for the van more than anyone else in history. I got so pissed at you! But then there was always your smiling face to cheer me up!
P.S. BUNNY HOP SERVE