Tuesday, January 10, 2023

2nd Semester 2023

Hard to believe another year has gone by. I am hoping to get back to journaling again this year although I don't suppose it will be much easier now that I've fallen out of the habit. At any given time it feels like I have a never-ending-to-do list and I'm always trying to just get to bed before 11. Tonight was a rough night trying to change the car battery. I doubt it will be the fix but I feel good that I am at least trying. We are changing the water in the hot tub, which has been a few or two now project. We also tried to change the water filter below the house but once again couldn't get that off. It feels pretty frustrating to be dealing with the feeling of incompetency all the time but I have to keep trying when it comes to these things.

Work wise things are going alright. I don't love teaching but I don't mind it either. I feel like I am stuck in time at this point, watching my kids get older, but I do enjoy the parenting. At least when I am not too tired and don't distract myself by playing game on my phone. 

Florida was great this year. Actually don't feel bad about returning there year after year to visit my folks and to spend some time in the warmth. 

I start my Georgia Tech. Masters in language this week which I am pretty excited about but have some fears about what I'll actually get out of the program.

My New Years resolution's this year are to stretch, go to bed earlier, read (a little), have more compassion for myself (and for others), and to hopefully get abroad again (or to a bigger trip like Hawaii) this year.

It's late, I've run out of time, but nice to do a little bit of writing again.

Sincerely,

Me





No comments: