Monday, September 24, 2007

The beginning of some thing beautiful

I've been encouraged for a long time to create my own blog (probably since when I first got the nickname TrainWreck (this story to come...) from friends. From hence forth, my wacky adventures (personal complaints) and fun stories (things that only my friends will probably care about) will be posted for the public to see. I am excited about this because it really couldn't have come a better time.

So things didn't work out with the Peace Corps. Loopholes are always getting me but on the plus side I am a newly turned college graduate living at home unemployed. I wonder what percent of us find ourselves in this situation? I'm actually employed as I am working at a temp. agency doing random tasks. So far I've worked at a shoe store (no I didn't have to wear the referee shirt, it was Reebok, which btw I might add is a very socially responsible company, no just kidding), a medical health records group, and to top it all off for most random, an assembly man at a military goggles factory in Essex Jct., Vermont. I find it some what ironic that I was going to serve my country as a member of Peace Corps but because things got screwed up I ended up helping to construct military gear for people who also serve our country. Look what a college degree can get you these days!

No comments: