Monday, October 1, 2007

How many blue cars?

Today I went to Chicago for a job interview. Between waking up at the crack of ass and arriving when the plane was boarding (it was direct flight), waiting for the pickup, having the interview, and coming back, I probably had about 10 minutes of extra time where I just sat around. I'm sure for professionals who travel all the time this is nothing but it's crazy for me that I could leave my house this morning and be back in the afternoon all the way from Chicago. They also picked me up in a stretch limo, although only on the way there. On the way back I had a "limo" but it's funny how that can just mean a nice car nowadays.

The job is an newspaper auditing job with 100% travel in the North East. I think the interview went well but you never know. The last question the guy asked me was how many blue cars there are in the nation. I felt like I was at an interview for Google trying to come up with some creative response but all I could say frozen on the spot was, I don't know, you'd have to do some research. Anyways, it's all just a game of both sides trying to figure each other out. I never would have pictured myself even thinking about a decision like this 3 or 4 months ago. Funny how people end up where they do...gotta pay the bills (living at home and being fed nice meals every day can be expensive).

1 comment:

Talking Head said...

You should apply to be Tobin's personal assistant.